Hey everyone, sorry it's taken so long to write this post!!
I am home on the farm. It was a great plane ride home (getting on the plane from the Korean immigration station was not great, but that's over and I'm willing to forget about that hassle). I'm sure that doesn't make a lot of sense to many of you thinking about flying for 13 hours in a plane. But I love flying and Shana is great company and we had lots of things to entertain us and 2 gravol helped with about 3 hours of sleep. There was next to no turbulence either.
We arrived safely in Toronto and Shana and I picked up our luggage quickly...I guess we were one of the last ones to check in! :)
Then we had some time to kill waiting for our connections, so we did what any Canadian would do - bought poutine! And I followed it up by buying my annual fall purchase of the Hockey News to help me with hockey pool picks.
I also ran into a good friend of mine, Jeff, who is a flight attendant with Air Canada! IT was such a sweet surprise to run into him there at a cafe in the airport!
Then I took the hour flight to Ottawa...where NO ONE was there to greet me. No one. It was really sad. I was picking up my first of two bags when I felt someone hug me from behind, I turned to find my friend Dani there!! It was SOO nice to see her. Made me very happy to know someone loved me...my family did arrive about 15 minutes later, fashionably late...but it was still a great reunion and a lively ride home!! There were lots of laughs and teasing and great memories for sure!
I just finished a busy day of car shopping with Dad and purchasing a cell phone...yuck. Bills and money already spent...here we go.
Looking forward to see many of you over the next few weeks!!
Thanks so much to everyone who followed my journey in Korea...even those who didnt comment! :)
I think I will be keeping this blog going, but we will have to see what kind of adventures Waterloo brings!!
Lots of love!
Monday, September 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So glad that you, too, are safely home! I am sure your family was thrilled! We still have not seen Katy, but soon! All the best to you as you head to Waterloo!. (Mary Lou)
So glad that you, too, are safely home! I am sure your family was thrilled! We still have not seen Katy, but soon! All the best to you as you head to Waterloo!. (Mary Lou)
Hey Karen,
I too am glad that you are safely home. I hope you keep your blog up so that we can see what new adventures you will experience!
Blessings!
Ron Donkersloot
i'll come visit you in the 'loo.
Post a Comment